SAVE THE DATE: January 15th – Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
North Olympic Land Trust is excited to be partnering with the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Olympic Peninsula: Carroll C. Kendall Unit in Sequim and the Port Angeles School District’s AmeriCorps Program for Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service. Together, we’re coordinating a variety of cleanup/general maintenance efforts along the Olympic Discovery Trail (ODT).
- What: ODT cleanup/general maintenance
- When: Noon-4 pm Monday, Jan. 15th. (if you can only volunteer for an hour or 2, no worries!)
- Where: We’ll gather at noon at the Boys & Girls Club in Sequim: 400 West Fir St., Sequim.
- To bring: Aside from general litter pick up, most of the work needed on the ODT requires tools. If possible, please bring stiff brooms, garden tools, such as hoes, racks, pruners, brush snippers/loppers. Don’t forget to bring water.
- What to wear: Dress appropriately for the weather that day and to be outside. It’s always a good idea to bring/wear gloves if you have them.
- Lunch: A BIG thanks to the Boys & Girls Club for providing lunch for all volunteers at noon before we head out.
- Overall game plan: During lunch we’ll give volunteers an overview of the plan for the day and directions to the different locations along the ODT that need some maintenance. Depending on interests and who has what tools, etc., we’ll split up into groups and head out to the various locations along the trail.
- Transportation: Some carpooling may be possible, but not guaranteed.
“Somewhere along the way, we must learn that there is nothing greater than to do something for others.” -Martin Luther King Jr.