Here at the Land Trust, we hope your new year is off to an optimistic start! Despite the current wintry chill, the 2021 growing season is just around the corner, and local farmers are actively planning for the busy months ahead. We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that NOW is the time to sign up for a farmshare with one of the local Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs. Eight farms in Clallam County were awarded the Land Trust’s 2020 “Farmer of the Year Award” last fall for their successful efforts toward building local community and food security by offering weekly shares of fresh, healthy food grown right here on the Peninsula. We are thrilled that THREE additional farms have recently joined the group, offering new CSA options for our area.
Whether your resolutions for 2021 include eating healthier, learning new recipes, supporting local businesses, or deepening your connection with the Olympic Peninsula, subscribing to a CSA can help you reach your goals. The farms on this list offer a wide variety of fresh products, including fruits, vegetables, eggs, meats, herbs, berries, flowers, and more. We invite you to click through the links provided and find out which CSA is the best fit for you. Sign up soon – many of these programs will sell out before the growing season begins.
- Back to Dirt Farm (Sequim) is offering reservations for their new 2021 CSA.
- Bent Gate Farms (Agnew) is currently taking orders for the 2021 season.
- Chi’s Farm (Dungeness) is accepting deposits for the 2021 season.
- Information on the flexible, week-by-week CSA offered by Griffith Farm (Dungeness) will be available on their Facebook page.
- Growing Back to Eden (Sequim) is offering a new, modified CSA option featuring reloadable Market Cards
- Registration is now open for Olympic Harvest Farm, a new CSA located in Port Angeles.
- River Run Farm (Dungeness) CSA sign ups will be open in February.
- Salt Creek Farm (Joyce) is gearing up for 2021, inquiries can be directed to (360) 928-3583 or email@example.com
- SisterLand Farms (Port Angeles) CSA signups for 2021 are open.
- Wild Edge Farm (Elwha) continues their great work of engaging folks in the local food system
- Sign ups are open for 2021 CSAs at Wild Forks Farm (Sappho)
To learn more about CSAs and the 2020 Farmer of the Year Award, please visit our news release from September 2020. We can’t wait for our first shares of the 2021 CSA season!