Building Climate Resilience
Building Climate Resilience:
Jefferson Land Trust and North Olympic Land Trust work to conserve the Olympic Peninsula’s rich habitat, natural resources, prime farmland soils, and breathtaking scenery – in perpetuity.
We have formed a Climate Resiliency Partnership to help ensure the Olympic Peninsula thrives in the face of climate change.
Working together, we will tackle landscape-scale conservation and stewardship projects across the Olympic Peninsula that best prepare our lands and communities for the changes already underway.
We Collaborate To:
- Use the best available data to guide land protection decisions
- Permanently protect areas predicted to have high levels of climate resiliency
- Permanently protect and support the stewardship of forests, farmlands and open spaces the sequester high levels of carbon high carbon sequestration functions
- Restore degraded lands and waterways to improve their resiliency potential
- Employ stewardship practices that improve the climate resiliency potential of protected lands
- Protect wildlife corridors that cross county lines
While our primary activities focus on conservation, restoration, and stewardship of land, we also play the role of convener, information provider, and advocate for climate-smart policy and land-use practices.
Working together, our Climate Resiliency Partnership will help ensure the Olympic Peninsula remains strong and healthy forever.
To read more about our climate initiatives click here.