Gather up your friends and family for a day out on the farms during the 21st Annual Clallam County Farm Tour! From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29th, enjoy a variety of educational demos, hayrides, live music, and farm fresh food. This year’s tour includes a variety of farms within the Agnew and Dungeness areas, including:
- Lazy J Tree Farm, 225 Gehrke Rd – Learn about the importance of compost, take a hayride through an organic orchard and tree farm, and play in a huge sand pile!
- Agnew Grocery and Feed, 2863 Old Olympic Hwy – Visit a 1920s farm store, meet the critters and check out the antique tractors on display.
- Finn Hall Farm, 940 Finn Hall Rd – See a historic dairy now used to grow hay and raise beef. Tour the refurbished caboose and the “crooked” house, and enjoy seeing the antique farm and dairy equipment on display.
- Five Acre School, 515 Lotzgesell Rd – See student agriculture projects underway, enjoy fun kid activities, and take a tour of the preserved wetlands.
- Dungeness Valley Creamery, 1915 Towne Rd – Experience a raw milk dairy, enjoy farm fresh ice-cream, tour the milking parlor, take a hayride and visit the calves.
- Jardin du Soleil, 3932 Sequim-Dungeness Way – Learn all about how to care for, harvest, and process the lavender. See demonstrations of the distillation of fragrant essential oil of lavender, and children will have fun finding hidden treasure, running in the maze and making farm crafts to take home.
How does Farm Tour work?
Simply go to whichever farm you want to visit first. At that farm, you’ll pay $10 per carload and receive a ticket to place on your windshield. Then proceed at your own pace to whichever farms you wanted visit throughout the day. It’s that simple! We do ask that you leave your pets at home.
Ride your bike and get in for free!
Feel free to contact Alana at North Olympic Land Trust with questions, at (360) 417-1815 x3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.