Clallam County Farm Week!
Gather up your friends and family for the 22nd annual celebration of Clallam County Farms!
This year’s Farm Week will include a day of open houses at local farms, followed by a week of farm-related activities in the community.
Open Houses at Local Farms: From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28th, families are welcome to visit participating local farms and enjoy a variety of educational demos, hayrides, live music, and farm fresh food. This year’s event includes opportunities to experience a variety of farms and related businesses within the Agnew and Dungeness areas:
- Lazy J Tree Farm, 225 Gehrke Rd – Learn about the importance of compost, take a hayride through an organic orchard and tree farm, and play in a huge sand pile!
- Agnew Grocery and Feed, 2863 Old Olympic Hwy – Visit a 1920s farm store, meet the critters and check out the antique tractors on display.
- Finn Hall Farm, 940 Finn Hall Rd – See a historic dairy now used to grow hay and raise beef. Tour the refurbished caboose and the “crooked” house, and enjoy seeing the antique farm and dairy equipment on display.
- Five Acre School, 515 Lotzgesell Rd – See student agriculture projects underway, enjoy fun kid activities, and take a tour of the preserved wetlands.
- Dungeness Valley Creamery, 1915 Towne Rd – Experience a raw milk dairy, enjoy farm fresh ice-cream, tour the milking parlor, take a hayride and visit the calves.
- Jardin du Soleil, 3932 Sequim-Dungeness Way – Learn all about how to care for, harvest, and process the lavender. See demonstrations of the distillation of fragrant essential oil of lavender, and children will have fun finding hidden treasure, running in the maze and making farm crafts to take home.
- Nash’s Farm Store, 4681 Sequim-Dungeness Way
- Woodcock Demonstration Garden, 2711 Woodcock Rd – Enjoy Master Gardeners presentation of “Fall in the Garden”: kiwi, figs, grasses, fruits. This event runs from 10-11am.
This year, attendance is FREE for everyone. Simply go to whichever farm you want to visit first. Proceed at your own pace to the farms you want to visit throughout the day. It’s that simple! (We do ask that you leave your pets at home.)
Farm Week Activities: The celebration of local farms will continue with a week of agriculture-related activities throughout the community, Sept 29th-Oct 5th. Stay tuned as the list of businesses, restaurants and other participating locations grows!
- Country Aire Natural Foods, 200 West First St, Port Angeles – Shop Local! A wide variety of locally sourced products will be on sale in support of Farm Week.
- Nash’s Farm Store, 4681 Sequim-Dungeness Way, Sequim – a variety of harvest season events will be taking place both before and during Farm Week
Thank you to our 2019 Farm Week Sponsors!