Summer is here! And wow, it’s here for REAL! As you try to keep cool on these hot days, don’t forget to look around and observe how the local flora and fauna are reacting to the seasonal changes.
Reported phenology observations this month include:
- strawberries ripe at local u-pick farms
- the summer solstice and longest day of the year
- rivers running full of meltwater
- lupine blooming all over the place
- the first few weeks of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms shares being enjoyed across the region
- Columbia lily blooming in (secret) wooded places
We encourage you to take photos of what you see (or hear, or smell, or feel) happening out on the land. Whether you are hiking, surfing, birdwatching, gardening, or walking your dog, YOU are the best source of information on the land you love. You might try recording your observations in an app (such as iNaturalist or eBird) and we hope you will also share them with us!
Facebook: tag @NorthOlympicLandTrust, use hashtag #phenologyfiles
Instagram: tag @northolympiclandtrust, use hashtag #phenologyfiles
Email: send to email@example.com